The annual International Kokusai Butokukai Summer Camp will take place July 30 to August 5, 2017.
This year’s camp is hosted by the Zen Bei Butoku Kia (ZBBK) at their excellent facilities in Santa Cruz, California, USA.
The camp includes intense training in Karate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kobudo, Aiki-Jitsu, Tai-Chi and Qigong, as well as lectures.
Of course, there will be plenty of time for socializing with fellow martial artist and making new friends.
Camp instructors include:
- Hanshi Rod Sanford from California
- Kyoshi Louis Jemison from California
- Kyoshi Joe Fournier from Canada
- Senseis Bouton and Argant from France
- Sensei S. Sanford and Wakefield from California
Tentative Camp Schedule:
The camp will commence at 4PM on Friday, July 30.
The typical daily schedule includes:
- Tai Chi and Qigong from 8:00AM to 9:30AM
- Karate and kobudo training from 10:00AM to 1:00PM
- Concurrent Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Chambara, and Tai Chi Push Hands training 2:30PM to 4:00PM
- Aiki-jitsu training from 4:00PM to 5:30PM
- Yoga and meditation from 5:30PM to 6:00PM
- Lecture from 7:45PM to 8:45PM
There will also be a California Fiesta at Hanshi Rod Sanford’s golf course, and a closing BBQ and picnic.
The cost of the camp is $375. Individual days are $75 a day.
This year students need to arrange their own housing and food for camp.
Please speak to your instructor for more information.